Lefthanded-Rightminded

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Super, Uh, Wednesday Double Post

Break, break, break
On thy cold gray stones, O Sea!
And I would that my tongue could utter
The thoughts that arise in me.

Taken from "Break, break, break..." by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Although I like poetry, and the depth of meaning that can be missed by rambling prose, I rarely read it. I have to be forced to read it, like when the cable man is taking an hour to hook up the cable, and I want to both stay out of his way and also be available to answer questions that I do not have answers to, such as, "Has the R52* cable already been drilled into the wall? Because I don't have any of that." Hey, that's a good question. Maybe you could tell me since you apparently do this for a living. Aside from being there to provide the much needed answer of "I don't know," I also like to make sure the cable man is doing his job swiftly and correctly, and not goofing off by using my shower or eating my sister's vitamins. Pulling a book of poetry or short stories from the bookshelf and reading it 12 feet from his workspace provides the perfect vantage point to spy on him.

So, this may or may not have been a hypothetical situation used to illustrate under what circumstances I read poetry, but we have cable now! It's so pretty.

And now, for your reading enjoyment, a list of possible names for Christian coffee shops and dentist offices, as created by myself, my sister and my brother-in-law, the night before we received the imagination killer that I like to call cable television.

Christian coffee shops:

Bibles and Brew
Heavenly Host Roast
Jehovah Java
Morning Star Bucks

Christian dentists:

White As Snow
Holy Molars
Thy Words is Tooth

* the real name of the cable has been changed to protect its identity

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me the R said...

If Michael Jacskon (of Wacko Jacko and Dubai fame) were to enter one of the above mentioned coffee shops and requested 'Jesus juice', how would the proprieter of the shop respond?

Question number 2: wasn't there a Hana somewhere in the bible?

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home