Lefthanded-Rightminded

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back in Business

I have been out of commission the last week because Meghan, Ronnie and I moved to a larger house on the outskirts of town. The people I work for lent me a full bedroom set, including...a king size bed. I have no idea what to do with all of the room. Potential options: 1) rent out the other side, 2)use the other side to store books, shoes, paperwork, Chinese scrolls, drum sticks and all the other stuff that I do not know where to keep, 3) birth a few children, 4) sleep at a diagonal (which is what I have been doing.) I tried sleeping in the middle of the bed, but sort of panicked when I noticed how far away the sides were.

I have been working as a nanny to make money. The two little baby girls are 3 months and 18 months old. The older one is just starting to say words, so I ask her questions like, "Do you think Catholic priests should be allowed to marry?" and she shrieks and pokes me in the eye and says hi, which I find to be a profound answer and commentary on the state of the Catholic church. The younger one cannot talk yet, so we just go out drinking together to avoid awkward pauses, or we ride dirt bikes. Her motor control isn't great, so I worry about her steering and braking abilities, but she has been doing alright so I will probably let her try some jumps soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me the R said...

Last I heard, Paul Bunyon and his blue ox were looking for a new friend. This relationship might come in handy whenever you have heavy lifting or plowing to do.

Just my thoughts...

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home