Lefthanded-Rightminded

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'll Rub Your Lower Back, Tell You All My Dreams

First, an update on General Hospital: I turned on the TV a few days ago, and what do I see? A woman telling a secret to a tombstone! Come on!

I apologize for the lack of posting lately. We still do not have the Internet at our new house because we have to get a county permit to allow a cable cord to be run under the dirt road leading to our house. The good news is that we may get a new service called "electricity" within the next few years, which is rumored to allow people to see at night.

Our new house is off of Old Las Vegas Highway, which unfortunately does not lead to Las Vegas. (If my geode business doesn't take off soon, I plan to earn a living by playing nickel slots.)

There is an old bus that parks on the side of Old Las Vegas Highway and sells Cajun food. According to my inside sources, who have requested that they remain anonymous, the man who runs the Cajun food mobile is planning to run for president in 2008. If neither my geode business nor my nickel slots venture takes off, I am considering offering my services as a campaign manager. I think that his entrepreneurial skills and carefree "to hell with health standards" attitude would take him straight to the top. Plus, he's offering something that the other candidates won't- Cajun food. I only have a few hesitations about my new career move:
1) the man has absolutely no qualifications
2) even a preliminary background check would guarantee jail time
3) he has no proof of citizenship
4) I don't like Cajun food

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Old Las Vegas Highway that has an abandoned gas station past bobcat bite? I know the place well. I know what you did last summer.

-sicko

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we got cable teevee recently; the channel lineup includes SOAPnet, which replays all the soaps broadcast earlier in the day. i tuned in to "GH" on SOAPnet the other night, and all the characters i remember from my college days looked dramatically older.

i quickly switched over to the world poker tour.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home