Lefthanded-Rightminded

Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's A Family Affair, Part 2

Here is something to think about. Suppose we were all born married, and we spent our lives looking for our brothers and sisters. I tend to think I would have an advantage, since I would be looking for people who look just like me. However, no one would know how long to keep looking. Only children wouldn't know not to look, and I think people with more than five siblings would think, "really? another?" after meeting numbers five and up.
Instead of getting to know people and wondering if you were compatible with them, you would have to ask yourself questions such as, "Does this person drive me crazy? Could I see them reading my diary? Would it be unfair for us to be on the same charades team since we obviously have a similar way of thinking? Could I borrow this person's clothing?"
What ifs- they're a dangerous game.

2 Comments:

Blogger kari said...

Brilliant! This thought is intriguing both on the lighthearted level and on the earnest level. It's been a while since I was "looking" for a spouse, but perhaps approaching that search with this alternate vision in mind would help us all ease up (on ourselves, mostly) during the hunt.

Or maybe it's just a fun scenario to think about. Either way.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time I gave a christmas picture of my female cousin to a roomate and said she was a model. He then walked around saying "I'm a model" in a falcetto voice. Pretty funny. i assume that it is floating around myspace as an imaginary girlfriend.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home