Lefthanded-Rightminded

Monday, May 22, 2006

24

Today I turn 24. There is something different about this age. I think that this year, I should fix my posture and invest in the stock market. I should increase the frequency that I eat dark, leafy-green vegetables, along with the frequency that I floss. (Truly these are linked; it would be unwise to increase the former without increasing the latter.) I should begin using eye cream, and care less about strangers' opinions of me. I should invest in a good couch and a good dictionary, and perhaps decide which coffee mug is my favorite. Then, I should get my pilot's license, a mode of transportation that will generally save me from having to reverse, and decide whether putting a bay leaf in soups and spaghetti sauces actually serves a purpose, or whether it is just an extremely inexpensive scam. I like to think there is a woman somewhere who lives a modest life funded exclusively by her bay leaf racket, which was accomplished by grass roots rumors about the flavor-enhancing powers of the lone bay leaf. She drives a '97 Camry and eats out only on occasions, but, by God, her bay leaf commission keeps her from having to take a 9 to 5 job. May we all be so enterprising.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Kiefer Sutherland, indeed the entire Fox broadcasting network, is celebrating your birthday today: I keep seeing “24” all over the place...

Happy Birthday,


~Dan

12:03 PM  
Blogger 3point0 said...

Happy Birthday, Leigh. Your goals sound like they come from someone turning much older than 24. Hope the year treats you well.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home