Lefthanded-Rightminded

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Pump Up the Jam, Pump It Up

Tonight on the 6 train, the woman next to me asked her friend, "Remember my friend who flushed her pearls down the toilet?" My interest was piqued. Please continue. As it turns out, it was an accident that involved a pearl necklace with a faulty clasp and an automatically flushing toilet. Isn't that always the case? Anyway, from what I gathered, the necklace was never recovered. The conversation then switched to Rice Krispy treats, and surprisingly, I lost interest and decided to run across the platform and jump onto the express train.

Nothing much to report there. I wonder what would happen if I began emptying the contents of my purse onto the floor. They would get sticky- that's what would happen. And there would be no one to blame but myself, the irresponsible person who spilled their Hawaiian punch, and, of course, God.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's the automatic, isn't it. calling oneself the "nut scrub salesman." no matter how many times one of your friends refers to himself in that manner, first, leighto2006(newno.), you will laugh, and second (guaranteed) the pilot light of hope deep in your soul will flicker. "Was that the real nut scrub salesman. Did he really happen upon my blog? Is he related to Luigi? (that mirror part is incredible)" Over time, the pilot will grow faint, impossibly faint for performing its inhernet task: lighting a burning, passionate fire. But that won't change the fact that its still there, the pilot I mean, with a cool, weakened glow hiding in the dark beneath the iron of a stove , still there. Something doesn't turn into nothing.

Anyways, leighto, i got to work early this morning and was going to read the wsj online. glad i didn't that would have been a waste of time. caught up on your blog instead. lots of love.
B

9:02 AM  
Blogger they call me the R said...

NYC will miss you, NM will love you. Best of luck on the new adventure and congratulations on the completion of the old.

btw...the kid Darren I told you about...thought you might enjoy their stuff... http://whitestkids.com/

3:02 PM  
Blogger Hella Fabulous said...

so bummed you no longer reside in nyc. but i know that does not mean we won't be up to some crazy sheninigans sooner than later. you are one of my favorite people, like EVER! i wish you much joy and excitement as you venture forth and endeavor to put forth your creative voice - with so much natural talent, it won't be hard. enjoy the open space and mountain air and the ability to think and write in serenity and safety...we'll be out to visit soon enough. love you!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

That was wise of you to get onto the subway before that elderly woman was able to get off.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Bulent said...

You are one funny lady. Will have to check back here often. Good luck in the new job/new home scenario, I'm doing the same thing myself in London.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home