Lefthanded-Rightminded

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thems got ears let them hear; thems got eyes let them see

[Trumpet intro] I just tendered my resignation, as tenderly as possible. Oh wow. I quit my job.

I couldn't sleep last night. It was as if my body had a better idea of the magnitude of the situation than my mind did.

So, for those of you that I have not told yet, I quit my job because I am about to quit New York City as well. I came here with the intention of staying for a year, and as it has now been a year and three months, it is high time to go do something new. I am moving to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I hope to hang out, drive a truck, get a dog, stock shelves to make money, and most importantly, start collaborating on some writing with my sister. Also, I will two states away from the rest of my family instead of 11 states away. I love that Davis clan and can never stay away for long, unless they are all being sensitive and moody, in which case I can happily stay away forever. Just kidding; stop crying.

That is my huge news. I move February 1. Anyone want to buy my bed?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NM is happy to hear that you're coming! Check out Duke City Fix (dukecityfix.com) when you get out here. It'll give you an idea of what's going on in Albuquerque when Santa Fe gets boring!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home