Lefthanded-Rightminded

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

When I Move You Move

That is Kristina outside of the Astor Place subway stop during the MTA strike. 2005 seems so long ago. I wonder what I was like back then.

I went to the post office today. Please hold your applause; it is distracting and I am trying to write here. I bought five stamps and have a surprising amount to say about them. They were not the sticker form of stamps, but rather the lick kind. I didn't even think non-sticker stamps existed anymore, let alone in New York City. I thought we were progressive here, but I obviously thought wrong. I should move. Anyway, I licked the stamps and put them on the envelopes (standard protocol), and they tasted like penicillin! Having learned the hard way that I am quite allergic to penicillin, I am going to be pissed if I once again get hives for a year (thanks again, Dr. Joy.)

I would like to address the list I posted on January 13, regarding occasions and locations where it is necessary to wear a bra. I wanted to explain the necessity of wearing a bra to Home Depot. Home Depot is full of particle board and tile and men who aggressively leer. As glaring back has never worked, I highly recommend wearing high-riding pleated pants, two or three sports bras (over a standard bra), and a quilted flannel shirt. Also, as Hella pointed out, Home Depot could be physically dangerous sans bra.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Can we add the Golden Globes to the must-wear-bra list and send a memo to Drew?

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home