Lefthanded-Rightminded

Friday, December 09, 2005

You are the sunshine of my life (Yes, you)

As of January 1, 2005, I have kept a running list of what I do every day. Each day gets one line on my legal pad. There is no commentary on how the day goes or what I feel; it is merely a list of where I go and with whom. On top of that, in order for my company to be able to accurately bill our clients, I keep a timesheet here at the office that details what I have worked on, down to each fifteen minute increment. This is also done on a legal pad.

Basically, if you give me any date in the last 12 months, I can tell you exactly what I did. If you give me a weekday, I can tell you what I did each half hour. Seriously, try me.

This project was only supposed to go on for a year, but it may continue. I don't like looking back on long periods of time and not remembering what I did, and journals get tricky because I won't write for a long time and then I feel like I have to do major catch-up. I feel like I can recall the thoughts and emotions of the experience as long as I am supplied the details of time, location and company.

Four more hours and I am out of here, suckers...

5 Comments:

Blogger they call me the R said...

I'm game....Saint Patrick's day 2005?

Seriously, sorry we haven't spoken recently...I spend 15 hours a day at school as of late and by the time I go out, you're in bed...then again, most people are.

Hope all is well.

6:41 PM  
Blogger SharmandHammer said...

may 3 2005. 3pm.

8:26 PM  
Blogger say what? said...

i particularly like post that are complete with visual aid (i.e. photographs, icons, doodles,sketches, paintings). you are looking quite fetching in your winter wear. watch out ms. banks...ms. davis may be ready to add runway show to her notepad.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Leighton said...

R- we will hang out soon. It is my fault too. Ok, St. Patricks Day. My list of activities is at home, but I remember that my sister was in town, so after work we ate Italian food at Franks'. I will fill in details on Monday.

Sharma- May 3 at 3pm, I was developing an email to send to my client re: media coverage of a press release about an antiplatelet drug currently in development.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Leighton said...

R- Remaining details about St. Patrick's Day: Meghan and I walked around the East Village, went to Frank's for dinner, and then had coffee at DTUT (2nd Ave. between 84th and 85th).

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home