Lefthanded-Rightminded

Friday, December 09, 2005

You are the sunshine of my life (Yes, you)

As of January 1, 2005, I have kept a running list of what I do every day. Each day gets one line on my legal pad. There is no commentary on how the day goes or what I feel; it is merely a list of where I go and with whom. On top of that, in order for my company to be able to accurately bill our clients, I keep a timesheet here at the office that details what I have worked on, down to each fifteen minute increment. This is also done on a legal pad.

Basically, if you give me any date in the last 12 months, I can tell you exactly what I did. If you give me a weekday, I can tell you what I did each half hour. Seriously, try me.

This project was only supposed to go on for a year, but it may continue. I don't like looking back on long periods of time and not remembering what I did, and journals get tricky because I won't write for a long time and then I feel like I have to do major catch-up. I feel like I can recall the thoughts and emotions of the experience as long as I am supplied the details of time, location and company.

Four more hours and I am out of here, suckers...

3 Comments:

Blogger they call me the R said...

I'm game....Saint Patrick's day 2005?

Seriously, sorry we haven't spoken recently...I spend 15 hours a day at school as of late and by the time I go out, you're in bed...then again, most people are.

Hope all is well.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Leighton said...

R- we will hang out soon. It is my fault too. Ok, St. Patricks Day. My list of activities is at home, but I remember that my sister was in town, so after work we ate Italian food at Franks'. I will fill in details on Monday.

Sharma- May 3 at 3pm, I was developing an email to send to my client re: media coverage of a press release about an antiplatelet drug currently in development.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Leighton said...

R- Remaining details about St. Patrick's Day: Meghan and I walked around the East Village, went to Frank's for dinner, and then had coffee at DTUT (2nd Ave. between 84th and 85th).

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home