Lefthanded-Rightminded

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Jersey Thursday

Ok, probably not the best time to be posting considering things are pretty busy over here, but if you are going to keep me here for 12 hours at a time, I am going to take breaks.

Karen Brewer, the six year-old step-sister of Kristy Thomas, the president and founder of the Baby-Sitter's Club, always used the adjective gigundo. Last night, while I was thinking about medium-sized sandwiches versus large sandwiches, I thought that gigundo was a better adjective for a sandwich than large. However, I was quite surprised that the word gigundo even entered my mind. I have never used the word; I have only seen it used by Karen Brewer when quoted in the Baby Sitter's Club or her inferior spin-off book series, Babysitter's Club Little Sister. (Seriously, don't waste your time. Bigger font, less depth.)

I do not even know what gigundo means. I assume it is synonymous with gigantic? It is not in dictionary.com.

Yesterday, I saved the world by e-faxing myself 48 pages of references in only two tries. I have perfected the craft of holding down the stack of papers in the fax feeder so that only page is taken at a time. This company is pretty much going to fall apart when I leave.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Mary Anne's Dad ever marry Dawn's mom? I can't remember how that turned out. Were they still BFF after that?

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI

I have a question, I am learning English, and I really can't quite catch the meaning of Jersey Thursday, could you plz explain this expression))) I know this is from Donovan's song, but what did he mean by it??? thanx

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home