Lefthanded-Rightminded

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I believe the children are our future...



If this image does not make you happy then you are a cold, hard person.

The weather has cooled down here in New York, and with the drop in temperature there has been a raise in my spirits. This morning I stopped and got myself an egg sandwich. I would say that inexpensive egg sandwiches are the absolute greatest thing about midtown. When I was in eighth grade, I was driving through San Francisco with my parents, and I remember looking out the window at a huge slab of concrete and thinking, "When I grow up I am going to live in a real city for a year." I pictured myself sitting in a coffee shop every morning drinking coffee, eating a croissant and reading the newspaper.

Here I am, ten years later, and I have been living in a real city for one year and two weeks. Instead of the real city being San Francisco, it is New York. The leisurely morning at the coffee shop with coffee, a croissant and the paper has been replaced with me on a bus, running late, reading celebrity gossip over someone's shoulder, and drinking green tea and eating a granola bar once I have sent the morning media monitoring report to the client. As it turns out, I do not like coffee, current events or getting up early. I am undecided about croissants. I love egg sandwiches. In fact, I would marry egg sandwiches if I could, but I don't really want to have to raise baby egg sandwiches. They are a handful!

Alright, stop distracting me; I seriously have to get some work done!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You are hysterical, and I think you'd be a great mom to little baby sandwiches. :) (Saw your blog links from Hella, rediscovered you online.)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home