Lefthanded-Rightminded

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Riddle me this

I feel I am in the thrusts of major change. Right now everything is calm, but the ebb and flow of my emotions reminds me that my life will not be like this for long.  I make it worse for myself by doing things that evoke strong emotion. For example, if I know that a song is going to get me worked up and sad, why do I listen to it, especially at a place like work, where I do not want to get labeled "the crier"?

Here is a song that won't make you cry:

"Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kidIt's somethin' you did
God knows whenBut you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten"

Subterranean Homesick Blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home