Lefthanded-Rightminded

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mike Davis: Man or Myth?

My father is a mysterious, powerful man around whom legends have been created, even though he is still young and healthy. Mike Davis exercises, gardens and sleeps in a full suit. Mike Davis was invited to the Grammy's. Mike Davis took a flight from Los Angeles to Orange County because the 405 was crowded and he didn't want to be late for a dinner appointment. Mike Davis appears to not be listening to anything you are saying, but actually retains 95% of your babbling and provides thoughtful advice at a later date.

Six years ago, my sister told my dad that it was time to get him fitted for a tuxedo for her wedding. He replied," I already have three. Maybe one of those will work."

Last Friday, he announced that we would be having a black tie Oscar party on Sunday, much like the black tie party thrown for the McLaughlin Group's "2006 Year in Review" episode.







Note: We have yet to grasp the concept of inviting people outside of our immediate family to parties.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Sharma said...

I also love your dad's second life as the well-known Marxist historian and social critique: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Slums-Mike-Davis/dp/1844670228/ref=sr_1_1/102-6116056-3247363?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173125519&sr=1-1

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg I'm dying. i love it! that's my future family. my kids better enjoy it!
p.s. you look great!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home